Refresh, Develop and Refine your SF Skills
Wednesday 23rd May 2018: 4-7 p.m.
Venue: Howells Solicitors, 15-17, Bridge St. S3 8NL
What is working?
How are you progressing?
Further signs of progress
Skills Practice: 3 different exercises
What is important in SF?
Pleased to be reminded about
What you will take away
Early Bird Discount:
Book before 31st March and receive a £5 discount.
From Problem Solving to Solution Building: An introduction/ refresher in Solution Focused Practice
Wednesday 2nd May 2018: 9.30 am to 4.30 pm
Venue: Howells Solicitors: 15-17, Bridge St, Sheffield S3 8NL
This new and improved one day course is suitable for anyone wishing to learn about and develop skills in the Solution Focused approach; no prior knowledge is required. On this one day course, you will learn:
The fundamental skills and techniques of the Solution Focused approach
- Skills to quickly engage with your clients
- New ways for getting the best from your clients
- To co- construct a common project with your clients
- To find out what your clients are motivated for
- To discover and build on progress already happening
- To talk about abilities, rather than deficits
- To notice resilience and coping abilities
Cost: Employed £90; Self £80; Student £60
Early Bird Discount: Book before 31st March and pay £10 less.
“SF practice - experienced with all the senses
and the body” with Dr Ursula Buehlmann
Wednesday 18th April 2018: 9.30 am – 4.30 pm
One of the most effective ways to develop your skills in the solution focused approach is to practice. Combine this with learning from our international guest facilitator on engaging your senses, and you have a unique and engaging workshop suitable for both beginners and more experienced practitioners.
In the morning session, 9.30am - 12.30pm, with Ursula Buhlmann, you can expect to explore:
- Experiencing the preferred future with all the senses
- Practicing how the whole body can be used in solution focused practice
- Doing practical work on skills and resources
In the afternoon session , 1.30pm - 4.30pm, with Naomi Whitehead, you can expect to explore:
- Discovering best hopes
- Eliciting preferred future detail
- Listening with a constructive ear
- Using compliments to facilitate change
- Scaling to notice instances of the preferred future and signs of progress
Ursula is a specialist in child and youth psychiatry and psychotherapy in Bern, Switzerland. She has qualifications in solution focused brief therapy, creative children’s therapy, hypnotherapy
and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Ursula practices as a Supervisor, coach
and trainer and is a Member of the European Brief Therapy Association
EBTA board. www.creathera.ch
Cost (both sessions): Employed £90; Self £80; Student £70
Cost (one session only): Employed £45; Self £40; Student £35
For more information/ to book your place, contact
Solution Focused Practitioner
mobile: 07801 995122
Venue: Howells Solicitors, 15-17 Bridge St, Sheffield S3 8NL
SF Interest Group:
Tuesday 13th March 2018: 4 - 6 p.m.
Venue: Howells Solicitors 15-17, Bridge St. Sheffield S38NL
This is an opportunity to meet with others who are using the SF approach and to develop your skills in this way of working.
The agenda will be led by the preferences of those attending and will be constantly negotiated to ensure that you are getting what you want.
This workshop is free and runs every 3 months.
Coaching to improve your SF Skills
Many people come on an introductory course; appreciate the value of the approach and then struggle with the application.
Here is an opportunity to develop your SF skills with 1:1 coaching: this can be face to face, or on Skype.
Cost: £45/ session, or book 3 for £120.
Skills Development CPD Workshops
(3 x 2 hour sessions: total 6 hours CPD)
In these workshops, you will have the opportunity to
Refresh, develop and fine tune your SF skills
- Learn more about the theory and philosophy of SF practice
- Improve your confidence in using SF techniques
Length of Course and Cost
3 x 2 hour sessions for 4 people: Total 6 hours CPD
Cost £75 for three sessions
Dates: To be arranged: if you are interested, please contact me.
- Getting started: establishing what is wanted; exception seeking
- Visualising the future: preference and possibility
- Capturing Progress: scaling
- Feedback/ Between session tasks
- All will be covered in detail to build on the overview from the initial course.
- 3 x 2 hour sessions face to face (tutor and 4 participants)
- Skills practice and discussions
- Between session email group discussions
- Between session tasks (own)
- Articles and books to read
- To have completed a minimum of a one day introductory course in SF practice, or equivalent
- Able to practice in between sessions
- Attend all 3 sessions
For more information about any of the above please contact me
Feedback from earlier SF skills groups
- Excellent Value for Money
- Really enjoyable; renewed my self confidence and enthusiasm about counselling
- Encouraged me to be bolder with trying out SF techniques with clients and to keep learning, practising, seeing what works, changing what doesn’t
- I liked having the course structured to facilitate learning over the whole period, using email conversations and suggested readings – this meant that learning was not restricted to the sessions themselves
- The course has gently facilitated a change in outlook towards a more solution focussed way of being
- A positive experience which will help me in life generally as well as in my practice with clients
About the tutor
- Demonstrated a really good knowledge and experience of SF practice
- Very enthusiastic
- Excellent facilitation of between-session discussion
- Great demonstration of SF techniques
- I really liked your ''realism'' – i.e. not selling the SF approach as a panacea for problems, but as a way of being with someone and working at their own pace