To book on any for these courses,
Contact Bryan on 07868 273 530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, if indicated, Naomi on 07801 995 122 or email email@example.com
“Putting difference to work - using solution focus to support people with autism” with Hannelore Volckaert
Cost: £90.00 per person, small discount available for group bookings
When: 13th December 2019 from 9.30am to 4.30pm
Where: Quaker Meeting House, 10 Saint James Street, Sheffield, S1 2EW
How to book: Email Naomi Whitehead at firstname.lastname@example.org
Working in a solution focused, future oriented, fundamentally respectful and hopeful way with people with autism often is perceived as very difficult or even impossible. In this workshop you’ll learn that solution focus is a perfect match for your work or guidance with people with autism. We keep it simple and very engaging, as we invite both beginners and more experienced solution focused practitioners, parents and carers.
You can expect to explore:
- What can be a simple view on the core of autism?
- How does that fit with solution focused working?
- Specific phases in an solution focused process and how to utilise these in working with someone with autism
- Discovering best hopes
- Eliciting preferred future detail
- Listening with a constructive ear
- Using compliments to facilitate change
- Scaling to notice instances of the preferred future and signs of progress
Hannelore Volkaert together with Els Mattelin wrote “Autism and solution focused practice”, published in 2017. It is an honour and a privilege to host this highly acclaimed international solution focused author and practitioner here in Sheffield.
Preventing Suicide - The Solution Focused Approach
We are delighted to welcome John Henden, internationally renowned specialist in Suicide Prevention, to Sheffield for this two-day workshop intended specifically to reduce further the suicide rate amongst clients and to act as a refresher course for the basic tools and techniques in the solution focused approach. Attendees will be provided with a unique approach to clients who are having suicidal ideas, which both reduces the likelihood of further suicidal thinking and reduces the sense of burden on the person supporting the client. A range of specialised solution focused tools and techniques will be learnt and practised at this two-day workshop. These can be implemented immediately into practice.
At the end of this workshop, participants can expect to:-
- Apply at least ten basic solution focused tools and techniques to their work with people who are suicidal
- Acknowledge their existing knowledge and skill base when working with suicidal people and leave keen to enhance that effectiveness.
- Have a good grasp of the basic concepts of the solution focused approach to clients who express suicidal ideas
- Be confident enough to apply to good effect, at least four of the specialised solution focused techniques, in their work with the suicidal clients
- Feel more comfortable in their dealings generally with clients who want to talk about suicide or self-harm as an option for dealing with their difficulties
- Know when, from a risk assessment perspective, to discuss the case and/or receive supervision from appropriate professional colleagues and/or managers
- Appreciate the value and importance of hope and optimism within themselves, even when dealing with the most tragic of human circumstances confronting them.
Details: 09:30 - 16:30, 3rd & 4th March 2020, Quakers, 10 St James' St, Sheffield, S1 2EW
Cost: £180 per person, small discount available for group bookings
How to book: Email Naomi Whitehead Training at email@example.com
From Problem Solving to Solution Building:
An Introduction/ Refresher in Solution Focused Practice
The next course will run in 2020: Date to be confirmed: 9.30 am to 4.30 pm: If you are interested drop me an email.
Venue: Sheffield TBC
This new and improved one day course is suitable for anyone wishing to learn about and develop skills in the Solution Focused approach; no prior knowledge is required.
On this one day course, you will learn:
The fundamental skills and techniques of the Solution Focused approach
- Skills to quickly engage with your clients
- New ways for getting the best from your clients
- To co- construct a common project with your clients
- To find out what your clients are motivated for
- To discover and build on progress already happening
- To talk about abilities, rather than deficits
- To notice resilience and coping abilities
Cost: Employed £105; Self £90; Student £70
Early Bird Discount: Book before 31st March and pay £10 less.
SF Interest Group:
Date: Tuesday 3rd December 2019: 3.30-5.30 p.m.
Venue: Quakers, 10 St James' St, Sheffield, S1 2EW
Cost: £5 contribution towards room hire
This is an opportunity to meet with others who are using the SF approach and to develop your skills in this way of working.
The agenda will be led by the preferences of those attending and will be constantly negotiated to ensure that you are getting what you want.
This workshop is free and runs every 3 months.
Level 3 Accredited Certificate in Solution Focused Practice
Dates 27th & 28th September; 1st & 2nd November; 30th November
9.30 am to 4.30 pm
Venue: Howells Solicitors: 15-17, Bridge St, Sheffield S3 8NL
Cost: £850.00 per person. This can be paid in three instalments over three months and includes all course materials, access to a UK network of SF Professionals, five taught days and, on successful completion, NCFE (National Council for Further Education) accreditation.